Rules of the Award
Rules 1 – 7: EXCLUSIONS from participating in the Award
- PAs who work for companies or organisations that sponsor the award.
- PAs who are currently office bearers or members of PAFSA teams/committees.
- PAs who have been in a judging/assessment panel for PAFSA in the three years preceding the current year.
- PAs who have been elected as a titleholder of the PA of the Year Award previously.
- PAs who hold office in another PA Association or a constituted public group associated with the PA profession.
- PAs who in the current year hold an Award title bestowed by another PA Association or officially constituted public group associated with the PA profession.
- PAs who have been finalists in the last three years in PAFSA's PA of the Year Award.
Rules 8 – 9: Nominations/The NOMINEES
- All candidates for the PA of the Year®Award have to be nominated by another person.
- Successful nominations result in the NOMINEES being contacted by PAFSA and have to accept or decline, in writing, whether they wish to participate in a selection process.
Rules 10 – 12: Entry Forms/The ENTRANTS
- On accepting to participate in the Award, the nominees become known as ENTRANTS in the award and receive information regarding the participation requirements.
- All documents and required answers to questionnaires have to be submitted by the specified deadline.
- Documents will not be returned.
Rules 13 –17: The FINALISTS
- The Judging Panel’s decision of the FINALISTS is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The 6 Finalists are required by the judging panel to undergo another round of judging.
- Finalists have to submit a career resume and a hi-res quality head and shoulder colour photograph.
- No finalist may be nominated or re-entered for a period of 3 years.
- The prizes for finalists are not transferable.
Rules 18 – 22: The elected TITLEHOLDER
- The Judging Panel’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The elected PA of the Year, is the TITLEHOLDER is announced at PAFSA’s annual Summit in September.
- The elected PA of the Year, as a new role model, is expected to undertake some public speaking engagements as requested by the marketplace.
- The prizes for the titleholder are not transferable.
- The title is for life. A titleholder cannot be nominated again.